REPLAY: Social Media Dos and Don’ts for Educators
If you are looking to enhance your classroom experience for your students through social media, here are some quick dos and don’ts in that practice:
- Do use separate personal and professional social media accounts. Putting a boundary between school and personal life is good for your career and less stress on you.
- Do make sure you have strict privacy settings and review those settings frequently. Especially if you use one social media account per site.
- Don’t say anything on your social media profile that you wouldn’t say in class.
- Don’t get too chatty with students on your professional profile. This may confuse students into thinking you’re available 24/7 for this, that and the other. Be available, but keep it professional.
- Don’t share too much. Personal pictures from your weekend have no business being on your professional profile.